Τhe project VOLUMEN – VOLUnteering for inclusive DevelopMENt aims to promote and encourage non-profit organizations in gender mainstreaming in all their voluntary activities, through the development of an action plan that will contribute to sustainable gender equality.
It is funded by Erasmus+ in collaboration with the spanish organization Servicio Civil Internacional.
The project includes:
- Capacity building for professionals
In order to strengthen the knowledge and skills of professionals involved in voluntary management, training seminars will be held in Spain and Greece.
- Toolkit for gender mainstreaming in volunteering
A key pillar of the project is the creation of a digital toolkit of good practices for gender mainstreaming in volunteering. It will be addressed to professionals working with young people and civil society organizations. The content of the toolkit will benefit youth workers, human resources managers and NGO staff. It will provide the target audience with innovative tools to carry out in a more inclusive way their tasks concerning the voluntary community of the organization they represent.
- Workshops for volunteersFive (5) workshops will be developed targeting young people aged 18-30 years old, belonging to voluntary communities, focusing on understanding gender mainstreaming through non-formal education.
- identify and reflect on existing factors of inequalities in volunteering in partner countries
- train people in an interaction based on equality and non-discrimination
- support and integration of the gender dimension in projects involving voluntary action
- ensure that volunteering serves to advance society towards equality
- strengthen transnational cooperation through the exchange of knowledge and good practice
- raise awareness among young people, the educational community and the general public of the sustainable use of the voluntary community in the light of gender equality
The project will run for 22 months (March 2022-December 2023) under the Erasmus+ programme with EU funding.